Sunday, April 3, 2016

Q and A

These can be expanded upon if need be. Wonder if we can get like... Other people to send in questions. How to do that though... Yeah...

Interview Questions

Q: Are any characters based on people you know in real life?

A: Most are made up, but a few are based on my friends with their personalities and quirks blown out of proportion.

Q: Most of these girls are blonde with blue eyes? Any reason? 

A: I like blondes... And Asian girls... And foreign accents... And Goths... And Emo Bangs... And glasses... And stockings... Noticing anything yet?

Q: Are any characters based on you yourself?

A: Elana is a gender-flipped version of me in a way. Stephen is played straight.

Q: Why villain protagonists?

A: Why not?

Q: The style has changed a bit since chapter 1...

A: Well it's been a few years since I wrote chapter one, things change

How long have you been writing?

Since I was 16 going on 17, way back in 2010 I think. It was rough at first, my family circumstances had me using a PSP while hiding in my closet. It was ridiculously uncomfortable and oh lord the character limit... Phones nowadays have more space to text! Then for a while I could only write on Mondays, nobody was home and I knew the password to the computer in the study and always cleared the history data. I have a laptop now so the new struggle is just my own energy levels.

(Too much detail?)

Who are your favorite female characters?

Oh jeez... So so many... But these are my top 5 from various mediums, in no particular order.

1. Plutia/Iris Heart - Hyperdimension Neptunia
2. Poison Ivy - DC Comics
3. Erza Scarlet - Fairy Tail
4. Heather Brown aka Spinerette - Spinerette Webcomic
5. Haruka - Senran Kagura

6. Rachnera Arachnera - Monster Musume
7. Rin/Suzune - Senran Kagura


What are your favorite animes / videogame?

All time?

Anime
Code Geass
Heaven's Lost Property

Overlord
The Devil is a Part-Timer
MM!
Soul Eater
Unbreakable Machine Doll
Rosario + Vampire
Franken Fran (Manga)
Tokyo Ghoul

 Mondaiji/Problem Children.
Monster Musume

That's the short version...

Video Games
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Dragon's Dogma
Fallout 4
The Hyperdimension Neptunia Series
The Earth Defense Force Series
The Senran Kagura Series
Freedom Wars
Journey
The Sims Series (Console)

Saint's Row III and IV
Shinobido II: The Revenge of Zen

Also the short version...

How do you get inspirations for your stories?

It's honestly random... Sometimes I'll pull concepts from media but sometimes stuff just happens. Or someone will say something random and it'll spark a chain of thoughts.

Describe the Queen Bee arc that you are working on a little.

It started as a side project. I only planned on a couple chapters originally but then someone added to an arc I was working on and bam! Overdrive ever since. Fun fact: Elana is based on the appearance and name of a character I made on a game called Monster Island on good old Kongregate.com. Anyway now the Queen Bee arc has multiple timelines and what ifs, and of course all of the fun DC tie ins.

Your Queen Bee arc is incredibly massive and complicated. You've introduced a lot of plot threads and characters. How do you manage to keep track of them all? 

My notepad on my phone is... Semi-organized... 18 separate pages... I should really consolidate... Anyway I never delete anything from it until the chapter is posted.

For New Readers. Is there a reading order to the storylines that you recommend for them to navigate the story?

I would say to just follow the main story first. The main story being the first two chapters and branching from "Discipline". Then I say hit any paths you missed, then the what ifs.

Which story arc in the Queen Bee storyline have you enjoyed writing most?

Tough call... I'd honestly say either the Rebellion or the Smiling Demon arc if I HAD to pick. The arc branching from user batman1's chapters is also a lot of fun to work with. Oh, the canon Queen Elana arc and upcoming Princess Bee arcs are also really fun. This is a tough question. Ha ha.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Elana Questions. 

Thought of a basic question

Q: What's your favorite song Elana?
A: Well... I'd say the one that speaks to me most is Take Me to Church. Story... Of my life... Yeah... I stopped going to church after I found out I liked women in my teens... I mean I went a couple of times after that but... I felt out of place... Eventually it estranged me from my family and I moved in with my Aunt when I was 17. Haven't seen or talked to my parents since.

No comments:

Post a Comment